In recognition of Military Kids Day on April 15, 2022, VA Privacy Service invites you to join its third VA Privacy in Action Speaker Series virtual event of the year, “Protecting Children’s Privacy in a Virtual World.
[EDITOR’S NOTE 3/8/22: VA Privacy Service has postponed its VA Privacy in Action Speaker Series event “Protecting Children’s Privacy in a Virtual World,” on March 9 from 1-2 p.m. ET. A new date for the event will be announced in the near future.]
The event is on Wednesday, March 9 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET and is an opportunity for Veterans, families, federal employees and contractors to delve into the issue of children’s online privacy, a topic not often addressed but one of growing concern. Subject matter experts will provide the latest strategies for parents to protect children’s privacy in remote learning and gaming environments.
- Joel Schwarz, director, Data Protection and Privacy Capability Lead, MBL Technologies.
- Katie Goldstein, global head of KidAware, SuperAwesome.
Steps to save the event on your calendar:
- Go to the VA IT Campus.
- VA employees and contractors, log into your VA IT Campus account; Veterans, families, federal employees and contractors, click “Continue as Guest.”
- Click “Register” and “Add to calendar.”
- Click “Save” if prompted and open the calendar download (usually on the lower left of your screen).
- Click “Save and Close.”
On the day of the event, click on the VA IT Campus session link provided in the calendar invite. You can log in as a guest to watch the live event. For VA employees and contractors, if you have not logged in to your VA IT Campus account recently, you may need to reset your password. The link will go live 30 minutes before the event.
VA employees with a VA IT Campus account are eligible to receive a VA Talent Management System (TMS) credit. Individuals without VA credentials are not eligible to receive the TMS credit. All attendees are eligible to receive one International Association of Privacy Professional Continuing Privacy Education credit with self-certification after the event.
Don’t miss this VA Privacy Service event!