Did you know that VA has a plan to keep patients safe as COVID levels change? VA will always provide maximum, consistent access to quality and safe care during the ups and downs of COVID-19 community spread.
The health and safety of patients and staff continues to be VA’s highest priority. The care will be consistent, and our safety protocols will increase or decrease based on COVID-19 levels in the community.
VA has developed a COVID-19 plan to provide transparent and flexible guidelines for your VA medical center.
- Help you and VA staff know what to expect when entering a facility;
- Welcome you into a facility for the medical care you need and deserve.
Three Health Protection Levels
Starting May 23, VA will roll out three standardized VA COVID-19 Health Protection Levels:
This sign will be on our doors.
These levels echo the other Federal agencies such as CDC and OSHA:
- Each COVID-19 Health Protection Level will include information on masking, PPE, screening, testing, visitation, physical distancing, group care/therapy, and staffing, among other topics.
- Every week, we will monitor the local level based on CDC’s Community Transmission rate and update our COVID-19 Health Protection Levels when needed. Any changes will be announced on Mondays.
- We will notify Veterans and staff of the COVID-19 Health Protection Level signs at all facility entrances, and we will be updating levels on local facility websites and with social media.
- Transparent communications will make it easy for Veterans, staff, and visitors to know what to expect when they arrive at our facility.