Did you know that LGBTQ+ Veterans have unique health needs? Learn more and help strengthen care outcomes for LGBTQ+ Veterans by joining our next webinar entitled LGBTQ+ Veteran Health and Care Coordination on Thursday, June 23, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. ET.
VA’s Dana Brunson and Lorry Luscri will discuss sexual and gender minority stress, LGBTQ+ Veteran health disparities, and how to ask patients about their sexual orientation, gender identity and preferred name. During the presentation, you will also have an opportunity to learn about the importance of including identity data in the medical record and the role of LGBTQ+ Veteran Care Coordinators in VHA.
By attending this webinar, providers will be able to:
- Identify the health needs and disparities experienced by LGBTQ+ Veterans.
- Expand knowledge on how to ask patients about their birth sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, and how to locate this information in the electronic medical record.
- Describe strategies for creating a more welcoming environment for LGBTQ+ patients, including Veterans and their family members.
- Understand the role of LGBTQ+ Veteran Care Coordinators within VHA.
- Title: LGBTQ+ Veteran Health and Care Coordination;
- When: June 23, 2022, at 1 p.m. ET;
- Register: Register in VHA TRAIN. The webinar will be recorded for later viewing;
- Accreditations: AACME, AAPA, AACME-NP, ANCC, APA, ASWB, JA IPCE, NYSED-P;
- Recording: A recording will be available in TRAIN approximately 45 to 60 days after the webinar.
You must complete the end of course evaluation to receive credit for the course and continuing education credit.
We hope you can join us!