The podcast continues to grow and it is thanks to our wonderful audience. Thank you for taking the time to listen to these powerful Veteran stories. This week’s guest is Army Veteran Pamela Corwin.
Pamela served in the Army for six years. She went on to complete a Masters in Biology from The Citadel. She now works full-time as a wildlife and fisheries biologist for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
I asked Pamela to join me on the podcast because she is one of ten artists being featured in 2017 women Veterans art exhibit. The exhibit is traveling to ten different VA medical centers throughout the month of March to celebrate and honor Women’s History Month and how Veterans use art for personal expression.
Covered in Episode 21:
- Women Veterans art exhibit
- Interview with Army Veteran Pamela Corwin
- Why she joined the military
- Her experience in the Army
- Being a suicide prevention coordinator
- Transitioning out of the service
- Becoming a biologist
- Art and her enjoyment of drawing fish
- Suicide prevention resources
- #VeteranOfTheDay World War II Veteran Mabel Kauffman