In honor of Women’s History Month, VA’s Center for Women Veterans partnered with Veteran Artist Program (VAP) to display art by 10 women Veterans at 10 VA medical centers nationwide with support from Veterans Canteen Service and First Data. Many sites are hosting events to coincide with the exhibit, which we are listing on our page dedicated to this initiative, along with associated blogs and coverage.
In addition, the VAP webpage dedicated to this initiative features videos of the artists talking about their service and art.
(Above) Art by Catherine R. Bell, United States Army. (Top of page) The artwork of Linda Ann Hammond, United States Air Force
We received over 400 submissions when the call went out, and were so impressed with the quality of the work that we also selected ten Honorable Mentions, which are also featured on the VAP webpage:
- Ann Collins Adair, United States Army,
- Catherine Rose Bell, United States Army,
- Crystalann S. Duarte, United States Army,
- Juanita (Janie) Gotts, Army National Guard,
- Linda Ann Hammond, United States Air Force,
- Roberta (Bert) Leaverton, Army National Guard,
- Guadalupe (Rosy) Quintana, United States Army,
- Adrianna Ruark, United States Air Force,
- Maria L. Salazar, United States Marine Corps, and
- Ariana Pala’oa Seimas, United States Navy.
Please join me in congratulating and celebrating these wonderful women Veteran artists, and check out their work on the site today!