When I first conceptualized VA’s podcast, I knew Team Rubicon would be an early feature. Team Rubicon has had a significant impact on the world by providing natural disaster relief and it has had an even bigger impact on the Veteran space by providing a renewed purpose for Veteran volunteers. This week’s guest is the Chief Operating Officer for Team Rubicon, Art delaCruz.
Art delaCruz served honorably for more than 22 years in the United States Navy and enjoyed a career that included a broad range of assignments. Art commanded a Navy strike-fighter squadron, spent one year with McKinsey & Co. as a Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellow, served as a Topgun instructor, and made six combat deployments. After retiring, he spent two and a half years in the aerospace and defense sector in the roles of business development and strategy and planning.
Covered in Episode 23:
- Vietnam War Commemoration
- Interview with Navy Veteran Art delaCruz
- Why he joined the Navy
- His experience in the military
- His decision to retire and how he came to that decision
- Transitioning back to civilian life
- Getting involved at Team Rubicon
- Working as Chief Operating Officer
- Transferring your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to your children
- #VeteranOfTheDay Army Veteran Longshaw Kraus Porritt