The award-winning Bay Pines VA Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Florida, is home to many gifted health care providers, across every specialty. And thanks to continued growth, a new opportunity has opened up for a Board Eligible/Board Certified full-time Spine Surgeon to provide primarily elective spinal procedures, including instrumentation. What’s more, academic appointment at the University of Central Florida may be anticipated and the potential for VA-funded research is possible.
We’re located on the Gulf of Mexico, and enjoy some of the highest-rated beaches in Florida. There’s something for everyone here, including four professional sports teams in Tampa Bay and a wealth of activities—from boating and fishing to golf and fine dining. The area features a low cost of living and tropical weather year round. Plus, Florida residents pay no state income tax.
Practicing medicine with the Department of Veteran Affairs means working with the latest technologies, with no overhead costs or staff to pay, and no filing insurance claims. You’re free to do your best work, treating the men and women who have selflessly given so much for our country.
VA also offers tremendous rewards for your efforts. Benefits include:
- 49 days paid time off
- The ability to transfer to any VA facility nationwide if you find a new opportunity and are selected for the position
- Up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k)
- Government payment of up to 75% of your health care insurance premium
- The potential to earn up to $15,000 annually as a performance bonus
- No malpractice insurance required, as you’re covered by the federal government
- You will earn benefits toward a federal retirement as a VA Physician (depending on your age, you can retire with as little as 10 years of service)
- VA physicians enjoy comprehensive federal benefits which increase total compensation by an average of 39% over your annual salary
Explore a rewarding medical opportunity in one of the nation’s most beautiful locations. It’s your chance to work with an organization that is truly making a difference in the lives of Veterans everywhere.
To learn more, visit: www.vacareers.va.gov
To apply, e-mail or scan your CV and cover letter to Shane Stults, VA National Recruitment Consultant at Shane.Stults@va.gov