Several weeks ago, I wrote about the National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo in New Orleans on August 15-18. The conference will provide information and opportunities for Veteran-Owned and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses to network and build partnerships with other businesses and the federal government.
During the conference, VA will be hosting an Open House: a free one day, one-stop-shop for all Veterans who live in the New Orleans region and Veterans that attend the conference. Information on services and benefits will all be available to Veterans under one roof.
On Wednesday, August 17th from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, offices and programs from across VA will set up in Hall D of the Earnest N. Morial Convention Center. Here are some of the resources and services that will be available:
• Home Based Primary Care, Telehealth, Hospital at Home
• Project Legacy: New Orleans replacement Medical Center
• Post Deployment Health: Caregivers, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Polytrauma, Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
• Leveraging the VetSuccess Program for Today’s Job Market
• How to Maximize Your Use of eBenefits
• Learn About the Post-9/11 GI Bill
• How to Submit a Completed Compensation Form
• Full Display of all National Cemetery Administration (NCA) Hands on Displays, National Gravesite Locator
• Resume Building
• How to Apply for a Federal Job
Senior leaders from across VA will also be at the Open House. For a full list of services available that day and a schedule of VA leaders that will address the community’s Veterans, please visit our website.
If you’re a Veteran attending the conference, or a Veteran in the New Orleans area, you can register in advance or you can sign in on your arrival. I hope you can join us in New Orleans on August 17th.