National Resource Directory provides centralized access to information, resources for Veterans


The National Resource Directory  is one of the largest online collections of government and non-government resources specifically designed for Veterans, service members, their families and caregivers. With a unique collection of more than 16,000 organized and vetted resources, the directory provides information covering a variety of topics, including benefits and compensation, education, homeless assistance, housing and other services.

For Veterans looking for reliable resources and information, the directory is an one-stop alternative to searching through multiple websites and publications to find what you’re looking for. At, all resources and information for a topic area can be found within a single website and are easily located using the site’s search engine.

“The resources listed on the National Resource Directory are vetted and undergo a thorough review process on a continuous basis,” said Jonathan Morris, director of business requirements for the Office of Warrior Care and manager of the directory. “The NRD’s purpose is to provide information and access to high-quality, reliable resources that benefit individuals in, and connected to, the Veteran and military communities.” This means no scams, no privacy concerns and no fear that the resources found on are anything but the highest quality resources supporting Veterans.

The result of a partnership between the U.S. Departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs in 2011, the directory has been the go-to destination for Veterans and their families to find trusted resources and information. All three agencies are committed to maintaining and improving the site today and in the future.

“Users can expect swift search results that produce valid, relevant programs no matter the inquiry, such as Veteran Service Organizations, faith-based and community organizations, academic institutions and more,” said Morris.

About the author: Patrick Onofre provides communication and outreach support for the National Resource Directory on behalf of the Defense Health Agency’s Warrior Care Program.


VAntagePoint Contributor

— VAntage Point Contributors provide insight and perspective on a wide range of Veterans issues. If you’d like to contribute a story to VAntage Point, learn how you can submit a guest blog at


  1. Wilton Touchton,jr    

    How do i go about getting copies of all my DD 214?

    1. Gary Hicks    

      Below is the official answer, but I went the route and it took about four weeks to get my DD-214s.

      How do I obtain a copy of my DD-214?
      The best way to receive a copy of your DD 214 is get an eBenefits account. Go to and register. Once you have a premium account, click on the “Manage Benefits” tab, and go to the Military Personnel File (DPRIS) link to request a copy of the DD 214. If you served before records were scanned into the system, try and click on the “Request Military Records Online” tab.

  2. Robert E Laird,Jr    

    I have got injured on my job in January 2018 I had a disc in my back slipped out of alignment pinching my right leg and cannot work. I been going to the VA for treatment for recovery with the exception of going the ER when it happened. The treatment I am getting is good but I need my Primary Doctor told me that he cannot fill out any workers compensation forms that needs to filled out so I can continue getting my payments from workers Compensation insurance company.he told me he was not certified to do it. Now the Insurance company stopped my payments. I was told that I will have to find a doctor outside the VA and go to them to sign those forms. Are there any other doctors at the VA that are certified to fill out the workers compensation forms? I don’t really want to start this process over and leave the VA ! I been going to the VA Health care since I was discharged from the USNAVY in1974.

  3. William Massicotte    

    Air Force partially disabled vet.

  4. Vernel Beasha Warren    

    Recently, I attended a seminar on grant writing sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).

    I would like the website to know about this NEH Program:

    Dialogues on the Experience of War: A Standing Together Program : deadline October 24, 2018

    Contact: Director Carol Peters

  5. Marta Harrington    

    My comment is in the form of a question What happened to the VEAP contribution of the 1980’s? For Soldiers that contributed thw full amount but did not use the VEAP, and no option to transfer to a child, and were never reimbursed? Can anyone shed light and answer this question or direct anyone interested as to where to get information?

    1. Barry Landgraver    

      Call the VA Education Center at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551). Call between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday.

      VA Education (FAQ’s)

Comments are closed.