Moving? Taking an extended vacation? New phone number? Simply want VA to reach you at a different address?
Whatever the reason may be, VA just made updating your contact information much easier.
First, Login to VA.gov
- Login to VA.gov
- Click on your name at the top right.
- Select profile
- Click on edit for anything you wish to change
- Make your edits, and click update
However, this won’t work for all VA databases…yet.
- For education benefits: Call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET)
- For home loan benefits: Call 1-877-827-3702, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (ET)
- For Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance: Call the VA Insurance Center (VAIC) at 1-800-669-8477, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (ET)
- For prescriptions: Address updates via VA.gov will change your VA pharmacy, labs, appointment reminders, and postal mail from your VA medical center.
This new feature is one part of an improved, personalized digital experience. But it’s also making a big, data-driven impact.
More than 17 million Veterans have contact information of some kind housed in Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) data centers, and 12 million Veterans in Veterans Health Administration (VHA) data centers. This data wasn’t always up-to-date, and the systems did not talk to each other. Previously, a Veteran could have a different address at both, making it difficult for the VA to keep in contact.
Now, once the contact information is updated in one data center, it will be synchronized with VA systems across the country, including major VBA and VHA data centers. In fact, since deploying this new capability, VA has updated, cleaned up, or authenticated contact information for more than 2.4 million Veterans, ensuring that Veterans are being contacted faster, and where they want to be.
Does VA have your updated contact information? Check now on VA.gov.