Organize. Teach. Mentor. Mold a culture of continuous improvement in Veterans’ healthcare as a facility Chief of Staff or related position at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
“VA medical centers across the country are seeking qualified personnel ready to lead people, manage resources and boost the quality of Veterans’ care available in the community,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA.
VA facilities out West, down South, in the Midwest and in other locations are seeking applicants for open positions as Chiefs of Staff, Deputy Chiefs of Staff and Associate Chiefs of Staff in ambulatory care, general medicine, mental health, nursing and pharmacy services.
Among other duties, these leaders work with medical center Directors and Service Chiefs to make sure Veterans receive timely, high-quality clinical care through a variety of quality assurance activities, including credentialing compliance, peer reviews and other methods.
These careers provide a competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental insurance and generous leave policies. Some positions come with relocation assistance. All VA careers offer the opportunity to participate in the federal retirement system and other perks.
Choose VA leadership careers
These are just a few of the senior leadership positions VA is currently seeking to fill. Other open positions include:
- Senior Executive Service Deputy Under Secretaries, Executive Directors and others.
- Associate Directors for Patient Care Services and other Nurse Executive positions (see related story).
- Associate Directors and Assistant Directors in a variety of roles.
VA Careers is also heading to Chicago on March 4 to talk directly with interested applicants for VA leadership positions at the 2019 Congress on Healthcare Leadership. Experienced healthcare leaders interested in serving in these roles can visit the VA booth any time during the Congress, March 4-7, to ask about VA careers, pick up information and provide resumes.
Choose VA today
- VISIT VA’s ACHE Congress booth where other vendors are located and follow #ACHECongress on social media.
- APPLY now for positions as Chiefs of Staff, Deputy Chiefs of Staff and Associate Chiefs of Staff.
- READ about current leaders working at VA today.
- EXPLORE VA senior leadership positions.
- LEARN how to Choose VA at www.VAcareers.va.gov.