The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) invites urologists, including Doctors of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine, to explore VA career opportunities at the 2019 Urology Virtual Career Fair on April 4, from noon-2 p.m. ET.
“VA Careers is hosting this event so that urologists can talk to the VA professionals who work in this field right now and learn about the responsibilities and rewards of these positions,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA.
Urologists from anywhere in the United States are invited to log on to learn about these careers, explore open job opportunities and choose where to start their urology career at VA.
“This virtual career fair is a chance to connect directly with a VA recruiter in the urology field,” Sherrard said. “All that’s required is registering, logging in on the day of the event and submitting questions to recruiters about the positions and benefits of a VA career in urology.”
Choose VA to provide specialized care to Veterans
Urologists at VA maintain excellence in clinical outcomes and provide efficient patient care. In this role, they attend and participate in outpatient clinics, actively evaluate patients to decide the best course of treatment and update patient electronic records.
These are positions that involve extensive collaboration, both in managing patients and in working with other departments and sections of VA hospitals such as the laboratory, medicine, radiology and auxiliary services. Some of these positions are eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program, a student loan reimbursement program.
At the virtual event, urologists can:
- Learn which VA jobs are open and where they are located.
- Talk to VA recruiters about how to apply for open positions.
- Ask questions about continuing their career at VA, the hiring process and available benefits.
- Provide their contact information and resumes.
- Learn how to set up an interview, apply and get hired.
Choose VA for unbeatable benefits
The virtual career fair will share information about the benefits of working at VA, including generous paid days off, medical and dental insurance, and federal retirement planning. Attendees will also be able to download information to review with friends, family and networks and schedule one-on-one chat sessions with VA recruiters to discuss their career options.
Other perks of a VA physician career include the ability to work anywhere in the United States and outlying territories with one active license. In addition, VA benefits move with employees who switch to a new position at another VA facility.
Choose VA today
- REGISTER now for the VA the 2019 Urology Virtual Career Fair.
- CONNECT with other attendees on the event Facebook page.
- EXPLORE VA physician careers.
- LEARN more about upcoming VA Careers events by bookmarking the events page.
- SEARCH VA careers at any time at VAcareers.va.gov.
- REACH a recruiter at VAcareers@va.gov.