For people looking for a healthcare career pursuing pioneering work in pain management, VA healthcare recruiters will be at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Sept. 3-7 for PAINWeek, the national conference on pain for frontline practitioners.
Interested people can stop by VA Careers Booth 605 to speak with recruiters Hank Laguatan and Dave Aragon about the opportunities in pain management at VA and the benefits of a career caring for Veterans.
“VA providers in clinical medicine, nursing, pharmacology, physician assistance, psychology, research and other areas are transforming pain management across the board,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment Marketing at VA. “Joining VA means being part of an organization that’s prioritizing safe pain care for Veterans.”
At the conference, people can meet with recruiters to explore what it’s like to work at VA, share contact information and learn how to contribute to Veterans’ care both in general and pain management specifically.
Learn from VA professionals on the front lines
PAINWeek is the largest conference for frontline clinicians with an interest in pain management. PAINWeek 2019 offers a multidisciplinary faculty and diverse curriculum in areas such as acute, behavioral and interventional pain management; chronic pain syndromes; medical/legal issues; neurology; palliative care; and pharmacotherapy. There are also over 30 special interest sessions.
Be sure to check out these and other sessions to hear from VA career professionals sharing lessons learned and research results related to Veterans’ pain care:
- Sept. 4 at 2:40 p.m., “How Pain Coaching Impacts Patient Outcomes.”
- Sept. 7:
- 7:30 a.m., “Moving Mountains: Shifting the Pain Management Paradigm.”
- 9:40 a.m., “VA’s Stepped Care Model for Pain Management and Whole Health: Patient-Centered Biopsychosocial Pain Care.”
- 1:40 p.m., “Opioid Therapy and Opioid Tapering: Guidance for Clinicians to Improve Outcomes A Case-Based Pro/Con Discussion Format.”
- 2:40 p.m., “Opioids and Mental Health — Suicide Prevention as Highest Priority.”
Discover the benefits of working with VA
At the VA Careers booth, people will learn about the wide range of benefits available to VA healthcare providers, including premium-support group health insurance (with dental, vision and long-term care), generous leave policies and free liability coverage that comes with federal service.
VA providers can work anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and Guam with one active license. Other perks that come with choosing a VA career include:
- Flexible work schedules and shifts.
- Diversity and inclusion policies and programs.
- Low patient-provider ratios.
- Leadership development and mentoring programs.
- Career training and enhancement opportunities.
- Dining options and a tax-free retail store.
- A smoke/drug-free workplace.
Choose VA at PAINWeek 2019