Each day, VA chest physicians assist Veterans in managing diagnoses such as bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and sleep disorder.
Explore joining our world-class team of specialists pioneering practices to help Veterans breathe easier: Talk to VA Careers at the CHEST Annual Meeting 2019, Oct. 19-23, in New Orleans.
Visit recruiters Don Rainwater and Terry Anderson at VA Careers Booth 2616 to discuss VA’s career, workplace and work-life benefits.
“Be sure to ask Don and Terry about VA’s total rewards package, which includes competitive pay, premium-support group health insurance, generous leave, pension and 401(k)-type retirement savings plan,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment Marketing at VA. “Chest medicine physicians are encouraged to provide resumes and pick up information to review and share.”
Explore a fulfilling career while expanding your skills
The American College of Chest Physicians seeks to advance patient outcomes through chest medicine education, clinical research and team-based care. The CHEST event provides clinicians with the latest information on pulmonary medicine, critical care and sleep medicine and access to postgraduate courses.
CHEST 2019 is an opportunity to explore working as a VA physician, where specialty care providers can enjoy the science of medicine and grow as professionals. At VA, advance your education, mentor and be mentored, become a principal investigator and elevate into executive roles.
Physicians are compensated based on training, experience and the local labor market and are eligible for up to $15,000 in additional annual performance pay. And every two years, you’ll be eligible for salary reviews and longevity increases.
Other perks that come with choosing a VA career as a physician include:
- Access to employment assistance programs.
- Career training and enhancement opportunities.
- Diversity and inclusion policies.
- Flexible work schedules and shifts.
- Free liability coverage.
- Low patient-provider ratios.
- Dining options and a tax-free retail store.
- A smoke/drug-free workplace.
Choose VA at #CHEST2019
- SPEAK to a VA recruiter at Booth 2616 at CHEST 2019 and preview the conference schedule.
- SEARCH by keyword for an open position near you or view careers by location.
- LEARN about the benefits of a VA career.
- CHOOSE VA for your career in chest medicine at VAcareers.va.gov.
- INQUIRE about a position here.