Millions of Veterans count on VA each day to improve the quality of their lives through exceptional healthcare practices.
VA Medical Center Executive Directors deliver on this very important mission through strong, effective leadership. As a member of this team, you help lead over 364,000 professionals nationwide who carry out VA’s core values of integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect and excellence.
Licensed Physician/Dental Officers and Health System Administrators ready to make a lasting impact on the care Veterans receive are invited to apply for open positions in 14 cities: Amarillo and Big Spring, Texas; Butler, Pennsylvania; Chicago and Hines, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Grand Junction, Colorado; Leeds, Massachusetts; Manchester, New Hampshire; Montgomery, Alabama; Montrose and Syracuse, New York; Phoenix, Arizona; and Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
“As a VAMC Executive Director and member of the federal Senior Executive Service, you have a direct impact on the nation’s largest integrated healthcare system,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “You ensure that your team works in an inclusive and supportive environment to support great outcomes for Veterans.”
Choose VA to shape care
As a VAMC Executive Director, you carry out key decisions that directly impact Veterans’ healthcare at the local level and advance the quality of care that VA provides overall. You also influence the medical facility’s culture and service to the most diverse population of Veterans in history. Executive Directors report to the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) Director for their region and are responsible for the financially sound direction and operation of their medical centers.
VA is also seeking candidates to fill these other senior leadership positions:
- Associate Directors and Assistant Directors in a variety of roles.
- Associate Directors for Patient Care Services and other Nurse Executive positions (see related story).
- Chiefs of Staff in various cities.
- Senior Executive Service Deputy Under Secretaries, Executive Directors and others.
VA leadership positions come with these and other benefits:
- Competitive salary and premium-paid medical, vision and dental insurance.
- A generous retirement that includes Social Security, a federal pension and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions.
- Up to 49 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave and 10 federal holidays).
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses (conditions apply).