From groundbreaking shifts in oncology to innovations in mental healthcare, a VA career offers you and other federal healthcare leaders the chance to impact the care of more than 9 million Veterans enrolled in VA.
Attend the 2019 AMSUS Annual Meeting in National Harbor, Maryland, from Dec. 2-6, to learn more about the benefits and professional rewards of choosing a VA healthcare career. You can also meet with recruiters James Marfield and Terry Anderson at VA Careers Booth 115.
“James and Terry are at AMSUS 2019 to share information with healthcare professionals interested in working as a doctor, nurse or other medical professional at VA,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment Marketing at VA. “Conference-goers can also attend sessions on the latest in VA research and innovation designed to help Veterans get better, faster.”
Get information and share resumes at #AMSUS2019
At AMSUS, the Society of Federal Health Professionals, you meet clinical researchers, healthcare leaders and policy experts from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), VA and other agencies. These professionals are working in healthcare education and inspiring future generations to choose a career in federal government service.
You also network with VA Careers’ recruiters, who have information on aspects of a VA career and ways you can make a lasting impact on Veterans’ health and the healthcare field. Information highlights education and training, research opportunities and unbeatable benefits of a career at VA.
“VA career professionals have made historic impacts on the practice of medicine, including developing the largest electronic health record, performing the first liver transplant and pioneering the field of modern prosthetics,” Sherrard said. “Visit Booth 115 to share your contact information and resume with James and Terry, who will keep you informed of employment opportunities.”
Learn from VA researchers and leaders
In addition to speaking with VA recruiters, you and other AMSUS 2019 attendees can learn about VA’s work to improve care for Veterans and advance the practice of medicine, from cardiac and cancer care to mental health to telehealth. Check out the following sessions touching on Veterans’ care issues this year:
Tuesday, Dec. 3:
- VA Telehealth, featuring John Peters, Deputy Director, Office of Connected Care/Telehealth Services, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and Electronic Health Records.
- VA Suicide Prevention Program, Partnering to Promote a Public Health Approach, featuring Dr. Gloria Workman, Ph.D., ABPP, Deputy Director, VA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Wednesday, Dec. 4:
- ASM Research Brunch and Presentation: Mission Possible: VA Innovation and Success, featuring Richard Stone, M.D., Executive in Charge, VHA.
- An Introduction to the VA Precision Oncology System of Excellence, featuring Michael Kelley, M.D., National Oncology Program Director, VA; and Matthew Rettig, M.D., Chief, Division of Hematology-Oncology, Los Angeles Healthcare System, VA.
- Partnerships Driving Interoperability in DoD and VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization, featuring Lauren Thompson, Ph.D., Director, Department of Defense/VA Interagency Program Office.
Friday, Dec. 6:
- The USPHS Role in Federal Health with DoD, VA and USUHS – An Update, featuring ADM Brett Giroir, M.D., MPH, Assistant Secretary for Health, Acting Commissioner, U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
Serve Veterans and get unbeatable benefits
As a VA healthcare professional, you are eligible for a wide array of benefits, including medical and dental insurance and generous leave policies. You can plan for the future by participating in the federal retirement system, which includes Social Security, a pension and a 401(k)-type plan.
Depending on open positions, VA providers can also work anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and Guam with one active license. In addition, benefits transition with you if you move to a new facility. There are also mobile telework options, transportation support and, in some cases, child care subsidies.
Choose VA at #AMSUS2019