VA’s health executives maintain the high standard of care Veterans count on when they visit our facilities. Are you ready to lead care delivery for the nation’s heroes in your community?
Licensed Physician/Dental Officers and Health System Administrators prepared for this challenge are invited to apply for open positions in 12 cities: Amarillo, Texas; Honolulu, Hawaii; Indianapolis, Indiana; Leeds, Massachusetts; Manchester, New Hampshire; Martinsburg, West Virginia; Montgomery, Alabama; Phoenix and Prescott, Arizona; Poplar Bluff, Missouri; Providence, Rhode Island; and Syracuse, New York.
As VA Medical Center Executive Directors, you help lead thousands of clinicians, nurses, mental health professionals, medical technicians and support staff who carry out VA’s mission with honor and integrity.
“VA’s culture is defined by its core values: integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect and excellence,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “As part of our executive team, your many functions — community leader, manager, mentor, team builder and more — are all focused on how to best serve Veterans.”
Choose VA to shape care
As VAMC Executive Director, you carry out key decisions that directly impact Veterans’ health care at the local level and advance the quality of care that VA provides overall. You also influence the medical facility’s culture and service to the most diverse population of Veterans in history. You are responsible for the financially sound direction and operation of the medical center. Lastly, you report to the Veterans Integrated Service Network Director for your region.
VA is also seeking candidates to fill these other senior leadership positions:
- Associate Directors and Assistant Directors in a variety of roles.
- Associate Directors for Patient Care Services and other Nurse Executive positions (see related story).
- Chiefs of Staff in various cities.
- Senior Executive Service Deputy Under Secretaries, Executive Directors and others.
And VA leadership positions come with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and premium-paid medical, vision and dental insurance.
- A generous retirement that includes Social Security, a federal pension and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions.
- Up to 49 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave and 10 federal holidays).
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses (conditions apply).