Veterans excel during and after their military careers as members of teams. Whether leading, following, or supporting in teams, we stay connected and perform under stressful situations. So what do we do when we can’t get boots on the ground and see our friends and teammates?
As a VA partner, RallyPoint has nearly 2 million members. Those members have created almost 6 million online posts about military and Veteran life. Here are 5 things you can do on RallyPoint to connect to other members of the broader Veteran community:
- Sign up to claim your free profile and see what Veterans are talking about. Take pride in the aspects of your military service you want to share on your profile. Build out your profile with your branch, rank, military specialty, component and other info important to you. Then you’ll get suggestions for connections to people and discussions that are a fit for you.
Sign up with RallyPoint screen
- Proactively search for fellow Veterans, caregivers, family members or survivors you know. Use this search tool to find and connect with others. You can search by branch, rank, unit, duty station, current civilian company, school, location, and many other filters.
- Ask questions about anything of interest to you. RallyPoint is a great place to get answers from Veterans you trust and with whom you can build relationships. RallyPoint members ask questions and discuss topics ranging from pre-service through retirement and beyond. Ask a question here.
RallyPoint home feed “Ask a question” section
- Answer questions from others. RallyPoint members ask lots of questions like, “How does the VA disability rating work?” and “How do I find out about military technology jobs?” Use your experience to help others and pay it forward. Take a look and answer other RallyPoint members’ questions here.
- Get tips from other Veterans on staying connected. Your RallyPoint experience is what you make it. You can connect with other Veterans around the world about any shared interest: the growing women Veteran population, whether the Marines should combine with the Army, RallyPoint itself, or even the birds.
We look forward to connecting with you on RallyPoint.
David Gowel is an Army Veteran and the CEO of RallyPoint.
The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on part of the VA.