Active-duty service women and women Veterans can learn more about VA health care services for women through free online training sponsored by VA in collaboration with the Department of Defense.
Virtual VA Women’s Health Transition Training sessions are offered twice a day, Monday through Friday, during June and July.
Col. Robin Neumeier: “The VA health care team understands women service members.”
Transitioning servicewomen encouraged to attend
Attendance is especially encouraged for women service members who will be transitioning to civilian status or to the Guard and Reserve within the next calendar year.
The course provides an in-depth look at:
- Female-specific health care including reproductive services, maternity care, mental health services, newborn care, gynecological care and musculoskeletal care;
- Eligibility for VA health care and how to enroll; and
- Resources available for servicewomen during the transition from military to civilian life.
All training is unclassified, confidential and available to only women.
“Understands women service members”
“After attending the program, I learned of the vast resources available to women within the VA health care system,” said Col. Robin Neumeier. Neumeier is an active-duty Army midwife and a Fellow at the U.S Army War College. “The VA health care team understands women service members, and they stand ready to care for all aspects of women’s health from gender-specific to behavioral health.”
Benefits of Attending
- Live, interactive training from a woman Veteran who uses VA benefits
- Women-only discussion about VA health care resources for women Veterans
- Virtual access from any computer
- Information on eligibility and how to enroll in VA health care
For more details and to register, visit www.va.gov/womenvet/whtt/.
For more information about the Women’s Health Transition Training program, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly Griffiths is a Women’s Health Transition Training Program trainer and an Air Force Veteran. Sherri Curtis is a marketing strategy and communications specialist.