The VHA Innovation Experience (iEX), held by VHA Innovation Ecosystem (VHA IE), is almost here! iEX brings together innovators from across VA, outside partners, Veterans, and the public, for an engaging, informative, and exciting virtual event showcasing how VA and its partners are using mission-driven health care innovation to deliver more, together. From Oct. 27-29, attendees will experience a wealth of interactive events and networking opportunities. Here are the 10 things you won’t want to miss:
- 2020 VHA Shark Tank Competition (#VHASharkTank) – An iEX favorite, this exciting and successful event returns! You’ll hear Shark Tank Competition finalists pitch their practices to both Network and Medical Center Director Sharks. In just three minutes, they will have to demonstrate their practice’s value and impact, what it takes to implement, and – most importantly – why the Sharks should choose their practice.
- iEX Talks (#iEXTalks) – Hear powerful stories of partnership directly from VA collaborators through the iEX Talks. This TED Talk-style speaker series provides industry partners with a platform to showcase innovations that challenge our beliefs, stir the imagination, and demonstrate real value and impact for Veterans, VHA employees, academia, and other industry partners.
- Diffusion Summit (#VHADiffusion) – The Diffusion of Excellence Summit allows attendees to catch up with last year’s VHA Shark Tank Competition winners and discover how their work is impacting Veteran lives as it scales and replicates to other VA facilities. Summit participants will hear the latest on Promising Practice replications, including initial outcomes, lessons learned, successes, and next steps.
- Mark Johnson’s Keynote – Johnson will discuss how innovators throughout VHA can turn their visionary thinking into reality and innovate for the long-term future, impacting Veteran health care for years to come. He will also discuss how disruptive change does not need to be a threat – it can become a tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Fireside Chat with Dean Kamen – Join moderator Kenneth Kizer as he sits down with Dean Kamen to discuss how disruptive innovation can help VHA create a safe environment to explore and build integrated, systematic and repeatable pathways for change.
- Innovation Panels – Hear from leaders in health care innovation both inside and outside VA through multiple panels discussing how innovation and partnerships can help transform and improve Veteran health care.
- iEX Demos (#iEXDemo) – 18 exciting and impactful innovations from VHA Innovators Network (iNET) and five from COVID-19 Maker Challenge events present how they identified a specific challenge for Veterans and health care providers and worked to develop an innovation to solve the problem. Presenters have three minutes to tell the story of their innovation. Once their demo is complete, presenters will receive feedback from a panel of experts.
- VHA iEX Awards – The VHA Innovation Experience is a unique opportunity to recognize and celebrate the amazing work and innovation that’s being done through VHA IE. To that end, three prestigious awards will be presented at iEX: the Robert L. Jesse Award for Excellence in Innovation, the Innovation Specialist of the Year Award, and the iNET Investee of the Year Award. Attendees will also be able to vote for their favorite VHA Shark Tank Competition and Diffusion of Excellence Summit Promising Practices!
- Virtual Exhibit Hall – The iEX Exhibit Hall will allow Veterans, VA employees and other attendees to learn more about the many incredible partnerships and innovations at iEX. On Oct. 29, from 1:00-4:45 pm ET, representatives from each organization will be on-hand to directly engage with participants through online conference rooms.
- Connections – The most important aspect of all the innovative work showcased at iEX is not just the presentations, but the connections made between those attending. Using an innovative event platform, networking and connecting with other attendees is easy and fun. Bringing innovators and Veterans together from both within and outside of VA is how VHA IE will deliver more, together.
Do not miss a moment of the VHA Innovation Experience 2020. Register today to receive access to the event platform and app the moment they launch! Mark your calendars for Oct. 27-29!