Each Wednesday night, VA sends an e-mail jam packed with free resources, important updates, and even discounts for Veterans, their families, caregivers and survivors. In 2020, the #VetResources newsletter was opened 182 million times and drove 40 million clicks to VA and non-VA resources. VA makes no endorsements of the privately offered resources but shares them to make the Veteran community aware of all that is available.
The most popular Veteran resources of 2020
- Borne the Battle Podcast – VA’s weekly, flagship podcast interviewed Veterans such as Duke Basketball’s Coach Mike Krzyzewski, UFC’s and Fox Sports’ Brian Stann, and the 36th Army Chief of Staff George Casey. BtB also hosted special Benefits Breakdown episodes, sharing new resources for the Veteran community. Listen now or learn more.
- Most Popular State Veteran Benefits – U.S. states offer Veterans a wide range of benefits, such as education, tax breaks, or hunting licenses.
- DoD answers top 10 questions on expanded commissary, exchange, MWR access – Did you know eligible Veterans may now have access to on-base Commissaries, Military Service Exchanges and MWRs?
- #FightFlu this year with a flu shot, at no charge – Enrolled Veterans can get a flu shot from a VA facility or local provider.
- Economic Impact Payment – Individuals who receive certain Veterans benefits but didn’t receive the $500 payment per child earlier this year can still file for the $500 payment.
- VA Welcome Kit adds 10 new guides for Veterans and their families.
- Veterans, Gold Star Families get free entrance to national parks, refuges, other public lands.
- Your Next VA Home Loan – What the County Loan Limit change means for you.
- Disabled Veterans can fly Space Available Flights for free.
- Free audio books for Veterans with disabilities.
- 1-800-MyVA411 (800-698-2411) is the one number to reach VA.
- Amazon is helping Veterans start their own delivery business.
- Independence Fund expands program with gift cards for Veterans.
- 5 ways to connect with other Veterans using RallyPoint.
- Combat Veteran finds success through Veterans Curation Program.
- Which VA life insurance program is best for you?
- Five surprising facts about a VA career.
- Comcast offers 60 days of free internet service to low-income households.
- Free premium profile on TogetherWeServed.
- Announcing the Veterans Benefits Banking Program.
More than 180 blogs on Veteran Resources can be found on VA’s blog at: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/category/vets-experience/vetresources/
Know of a Veteran Resource we should share? Post it in the comments.
The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on part of VA.