VA has provided life insurance for over 100 years to our nation’s service members, Veterans, and their dependents. Life insurance protects loved ones financially after the death of the insured. When selecting the coverage type and amount that is best for you, it’s important to keep in mind the purpose of life insurance, which includes income replacement, end of life costs, and financial flexibility.
VA Life Insurance offers several benefit options:
- Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (Serving)
- Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (Serving)
- Traumatic Injury Protection under Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (Serving)
- Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (Separation from Service)
- Service-Disabled Veterans Insurance (Service Connection)
- Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance (Severely Service Disabled)
Once you’ve identified the life insurance program that best suits your stage of the journey from service member to Veteran, VA offers a variety of products and services that make obtaining and maintaining a policy efficient and easy. The VA Life Insurance website has several key features that allow you to:
- Apply for coverage
- Select electronic payment options
- File claims
- Upload documents
- Download forms
In the near future, policyholders will have the ability to pay for premiums using a credit card.
VA Life Insurance consistently seeks out better ways to accomplish its mission and is committed to innovating and collaborating with stakeholders to design customer-centered processes and products. We welcome feedback to help us increase outreach and awareness.
For more information, visit www.benefits.va.gov/insurance.