Are you ready to make a big impact on the health care of Veterans? Apply your skills, experience and expertise as a physician leader to managing care delivery for our nation’s heroes as a VA medical center executive director.
VA is also seeking physician leaders to serve as chiefs of staff for medical centers in:
- Butler and Erie, Pennsylvania.
- Chillicothe, Ohio.
- El Paso, Texas.
- Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Phoenix, Arizona.
- Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
- Salisbury, North Carolina.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Wichita, Kansas.
Shape care for Veterans
As a VA Medical Center executive director, you’ll help lead a staff of clinicians, nurses, mental health professionals, medical technicians and support personnel. These employees are dedicated to carrying out our mission of providing first-rate medical care to Veterans while supporting our core values of integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect and excellence.
“As part of our executive team, you’ll wear a lot of hats – community leader, manager, mentor, team builder and more. No matter which hat you’re wearing, your highest priority will always be providing the best service to Veterans,” said Darren Sherrard, associate director of recruitment marketing at VA.
Your decisions will directly impact Veterans’ health care at the local level and help advance our overall quality of care. You’ll influence the medical facility’s culture as we provide service to the most diverse population of Veterans in history.
Reporting to the Veterans Integrated Service Network director for region 10, you’ll also be responsible for the financial direction and operations of the medical center.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a suite of excellent benefits to our executive leaders, including:
- Premium-paid medical, vision and dental insurance.
- A generous retirement that includes Social Security, a federal pension and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions.
- Up to 49 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave and 10 federal holidays).
- Paid parental leave.
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses (conditions apply).
Work at VA
Our medical center leaders work every day to improve the lives of the nation’s Veterans. See if a career as an executive director or chief of staff is right for you.
- APPLY for the VAMC executive director position:
- APPLY for a chief of staff position by sending your resume to email@example.com, attn: Executive Recruiting.
- LEARN more about VA senior leadership positions.
- VISIT our website at www.VAcareers.va.gov.