Help save a life. Attend VA’s April 22 webinar on Veteran suicide prevention.
Veterans are at a higher risk of suicide than the general population. Join us for an April 22nd webinar to learn about the public health problem of suicide and those who are at increased risk.
Learn about the purpose of lethal means safety and how to talk to a Veteran about storing firearms and other lethal means.
We’ll also discuss the purpose of Lethal Means Safety for Suicide Prevention, including how to work with Veterans and their friends and family to facilitate lethal means safety during high-risk periods. As a Veteran healthcare provider, conversations you have with Veterans experiencing distress make a difference.
We hope you can join us to learn about your role in suicide prevention.
Title: Veteran Suicide Prevention Refresher
Date: April 22, 2021, at 1 p.m. ET.
Target Audience: Community providers and interested VA providers.
Access: Register in VHA TRAIN. Webinar will be recorded and placed in VHA TRAIN for later viewing.
Presenter: Aimee Johnson, LCSW, VHA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
- This training will provide health care providers key data and research updates on the national problem of Veteran suicide.
- Attendees will be provided clinical resources and tools they can use to implement lethal means safety counseling and suicide prevention safety plans when working with Veterans.
- Attendees will be able to identify the most common lethal means of suicide within the Veteran population and identify at least three VA resources they can access for consultation and clinical tools.
- AAPA: CME Credits.
- AACME – Non-Physician AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
- ACPE – Contact Hours/Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credits.
- ANCC: Contact Hours Continuing Nursing Education.
- APA: Continuing Education Credit.
- ASWB: Continuing Education Clock Hours.
- Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education (JA IPCE).
- NYSED SW: Continuing Education Clock Hours.
We hope to you can attend!
Barbara Plantt is the outreach coordinator for the VHA Office of Community Care.