Lead the VA benefits delivery revolution as the Under Secretary for Benefits (USB) at the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA). In this critical position, you’ll help optimize the delivery of non-health benefits and services that Veterans receive from VA.
Serving as the principal advisor to the VA Secretary on non-medical Veterans matters, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of services and benefits to Veterans and their beneficiaries.
- Oversee the development of legislative initiatives.
- Implement policies.
- Provide direction for the application of innovative management techniques.
- Work to increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
As a senior leader, you will use extensive leadership and communication skills, ethics expertise, and knowledge of VA benefits policy to negotiate with stakeholders and partners at all levels.
You’ll need to effectively communicate VBA’s major initiatives to a wide range of individuals and groups, including members of Congress, Veterans Service Organizations, other government entities and the private sector. The Under Secretary for Benefits is a presidential appointee.
Serve Veterans at VBA
VBA is a leading advocate for service members, Veterans, their families and survivors – ensuring they receive the benefits they need, such as disability compensation, pension and insurance. It helps Veterans and their families buy homes, earn degrees, and start careers.
It operates 56 regional offices, 540 intake sites and out-based facilities, and 38 special processing and call centers throughout the nation, as well as in Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
With a fulfilling career at VBA, you’ll help Veterans and their families receive their benefits in a responsive, timely and compassionate manner. Strong, effective leaders like you help us follow through on the promise we’ve made to the millions of men and women who’ve served our nation.
In addition to the rewards of serving America’s heroes, you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits and perks, including:
- Premium-support group health insurance, including dental, vision and long-term care, which may become effective on the first full pay period after you start.
- Term life insurance with family and additional coverage options.
- Access to the Federal Employees’ Retirement System (FERS), a three-tier retirement plan composed of Social Security, FERS basic benefits and the Thrift Savings Plan.
Work at VA today
As USB, you’ll lead the delivery of benefits and services for Veterans. Apply your vast leadership skills and knowledge making a difference in the lives of our nation’s heroes.
- READ more about the Under Secretary for Benefits.
- EXPLORE other senior executive leadership careers at VA.
- VISIT the Veterans Benefits Administration site and contact email@example.com for more information.
NOTE: Positions listed in this post were open at the time of publication. All current available positions are listed at USAJobs.gov.