Millions of Veterans count on VA to improve the quality of their lives with exceptional health care. A VA executive director helps us deliver on this very important mission through strong, effective leadership.
Licensed physician/dental officers and health system administrators ready to make a lasting impact on Veteran care are invited to apply for open positions in Kansas City, Missouri, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, through Aug. 16, 2021.
“As a VAMC executive director, you’ll have a direct impact on the nation’s largest integrated health care system and help improve care for the millions of Veterans who depend on us,” said Darren Sherrard, associate director of recruitment marketing at VA.
Help shape care
As a VAMC executive director, you carry out key decisions that directly impact Veterans’ health care at the local level and advance the quality of care that we provide overall. You’ll encourage a supportive, inclusive work culture that’s committed to our core values of integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect and excellence.
Executive directors report to the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) director for their region and are responsible for the financially sound direction and operation of their medical centers.
We are also seeking candidates to fill other senior leadership positions, including:
- Medical inspector in the Office of the Medical Inspector.
- Chiefs of staff in Wilmington, Delaware; Altoona and Butler, Pennsylvania; Asheville and Salisbury, North Carolina; Clarksburg, West Virginia; Danville and North Chicago, Illinois; East Orange, New Jersey; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Fresno, California; Grand Junction, Colorado; Harlingen, Texas; Jackson and Poplar Bluff, Missouri; Louisville, Kentucky; Manchester, New Hampshire; Montgomery, Alabama; Phoenix, Arizona; Providence, Rhode Island; Roseburg, Oregon; and Wichita, Kansas.
- Associate directors of patient care services in Clarksburg, West Virginia; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Cincinnati, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Gainesville and Miami, Florida; Jackson, Mississippi; and North Vegas and Reno, Nevada.
A rewarding career
VA leadership positions come with a competitive salary and unbeatable benefits, including:
- Premium-paid medical, vision and dental insurance
- A generous retirement that includes Social Security, a federal pension, and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions
- Up to 49 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, and 10 federal holidays)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses (conditions apply)
Work at VA
Continue your leadership career helping care for our nation’s heroes at VA.