This November, VA celebrates Native American Heritage Month and recognizes Native American military Veterans. At VA, we are dedicated to ensuring these Veterans and members get the world-class benefits and services they have earned.
Supporting Native American Veterans at all stages of life
VA regularly consults with tribal governments to enhance VA benefits and services, including VA-guaranteed home loans and VA administered direct home loans.
VA’s Loan Guaranty Service (LGY) administers the Native American Direct Loan (NADL) program for eligible Native American Veterans who seek to buy, build, or improve a property on Federal Trust Land.
To be eligible for a direct loan from VA under the Native NADL program, you meet the following criteria:
- You’re a Veteran and either you or your spouse is Native American planning to live on Trust land,
- Your Tribal government has a current agreement—or “Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) —with VA,
- You have confirmed your eligibility for the VA home loan benefit and have a valid VA Certificate of Eligibility, or “COE,”
- You have satisfactory credit,
- You have proof of sufficient income, and
- You will occupy the property as your residence
To learn more about NADL and additional VA home loan program benefits and services, visit the VA Loan Guaranty Program website.
You can also visit VA’s Native American Veterans page to view additional benefits and services.
For more information
Life comes with plenty of challenges but ensuring the wellbeing of you and your family should not be one of them. Visit VA.gov to learn more about VA’s benefits and services.